Lazy Sunday's are for pancakes right? But when the pancakes aren't even bad for you - you can actually enjoy them any day of the week. How perfect!
These delicious pancakes are not only gluten and dairy free but they also don't contain any almonds or other common allergenic nuts. If you can't tolerate coconut, simply remove from recipe and replace with extra buckwheat flour.
1 cup organic buckwheat flour
1/3 cup organic coconut flour
2 tsp gluten free baking powder
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
Pinch Sea Salt
2 tbsp organic coconut oil
2 free range eggs
2 tbsp rice malt syrup or raw, unprocessed honey
1 1/2 cups almond milk (or other nut milk)
Extra coconut oil, for cooking
For berry compote:
1 cup fresh or frozen berries
1/2 cup water
1 tsp raw, unprocessed honey (optional)
Squeeze lemon juice
1. In a bowl combine all dry ingredients and mix well
2. Whisk in coconut oil, eggs, honey and milk until a thick, smooth batter forms
3. Heat a little coconut oil in non stick pan and use ladel to cook pancakes in batches - turn over after a couple of minutes or once pancakes are golden
4. Meanwhile, to make berry compote, add berries water and honey in a small pot and bring to boil - mash berries with back of fork until thick sauce forms. Turn off heat and stir in a little lemon juice.
5. Serve with fresh banana, berries and compote.